Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Fri August 10, 2012
Kentucky Board of Ed Changes Restraint Regulations
The Kentucky Board of Education has approved a new regulation to limit the use of certain disciplinary actions in schools that involve physically restraining or secluding children. The approval came Thursday at the board's meeting in Frankfort. The regulation calls for using restraint or seclusion only if a child's behavior poses a danger of serious physical harm, and says the actions should be avoided. The board also agreed to retain David Karem as chairman for the next 12 months.