Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Tue May 6, 2014
Kentucky, Barkley Lakes Ranked Among Country's Top Bass Fishing Sites
Four lakes in Kentucky have been ranked among the top bass fishing sites in the country.
Bassmaster Magazine designated the pair of Kentucky Lake and Lake Barkley as the 18th location based on fish catch rates, input from wildlife agencies, and countrywide polling.
Bassmaster describes the pair of lakes as “one of the most consistent bass fishing destinations in the country.”
Debbie Dodd of the Lake Barkley Tourist Commission says she feels the work put into the area has paid off.
“[It’s] just a nice place to come to,” Dodd said.
The other two spots to make the list are Green River Lake at 92nd and Barren River Lake at 98th.
Bassmaster releases their top 100 bass fishing locations annually; Kentucky Lake and Lake Barkley have cracked the top 20 for the last three years.