Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Baptists Take Credit for Failure of Medical Marijuana Bills
- Murray State Renews Steve Prohm's Contract Through 2020
- Former Murray High Assistant Coach Pleads Guilty to Rape Cases
- Battle of the Bands 2015: Congratulations BIG ATOMIC!
- Study: Calloway, Lyon Counties Among the Healthiest in Kentucky
Tue May 6, 2014
Kentucky, Barkley Lakes Ranked Among Country's Top Bass Fishing Sites
Four lakes in Kentucky have been ranked among the top bass fishing sites in the country.
Bassmaster Magazine designated the pair of Kentucky Lake and Lake Barkley as the 18th location based on fish catch rates, input from wildlife agencies, and countrywide polling.
Bassmaster describes the pair of lakes as “one of the most consistent bass fishing destinations in the country.”
Debbie Dodd of the Lake Barkley Tourist Commission says she feels the work put into the area has paid off.
“[It’s] just a nice place to come to,” Dodd said.
The other two spots to make the list are Green River Lake at 92nd and Barren River Lake at 98th.
Bassmaster releases their top 100 bass fishing locations annually; Kentucky Lake and Lake Barkley have cracked the top 20 for the last three years.