Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Tue May 6, 2014
Kentucky, Barkley Lakes Ranked Among Country's Top Bass Fishing Sites
Four lakes in Kentucky have been ranked among the top bass fishing sites in the country.
Bassmaster Magazine designated the pair of Kentucky Lake and Lake Barkley as the 18th location based on fish catch rates, input from wildlife agencies, and countrywide polling.
Bassmaster describes the pair of lakes as “one of the most consistent bass fishing destinations in the country.”
Debbie Dodd of the Lake Barkley Tourist Commission says she feels the work put into the area has paid off.
“[It’s] just a nice place to come to,” Dodd said.
The other two spots to make the list are Green River Lake at 92nd and Barren River Lake at 98th.
Bassmaster releases their top 100 bass fishing locations annually; Kentucky Lake and Lake Barkley have cracked the top 20 for the last three years.