The Kentucky Arts Council is awarding more than $110,000 to 11 non-profit arts organizations in our area.
The money is part of the larger $1.2 million Kentucky Arts Partnership aiding 91 nonprofits across the Commonwealth.
“KAP organizations are the backbone of the state’s arts infrastructure and primarily provide arts services and programs directly for the benefit of the public,” said Lori Meadows, executive director of the arts council. “These arts organizations provide many functions in the communities where they are located, including arts programming and resources, arts education and opportunities for residents to directly participate in the arts.”
Organizations in our area receiving the competitive grants this year include:
- Calloway County: the Murray Art Guild ($2,124), Playhouse in the Park ($3,786)
- Christian County: Pennyroyal Arts Council ($6,981)
- Graves County: Mayfield/Graves County Art Guild ($1,062)
- Henderson County: Henderson Area Arts Alliance ($9,025), Ohio Valley Art League ($2,023)
- McCracken County: The Carson Center ($49,532) Market House Theatre ($13,311), Paducah Symphony Orchestra ($17,729), Yeiser Art Center ($3,161)
- Trigg County: Janice Mason Art Museum ($2,029)
The grants come from the Kentucky General Assembly and the National Endowment for the Arts.