Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Thu November 8, 2012
Kentucky Alcohol Law Task Force Meeting in Louisville
The Governor's Task Force on the Study of Alcoholic Beverage Control Laws is scheduled to meet in Louisville today. Chairman Bob Vance says the meeting allows the public to comment on issues involving licensing, local option elections, and public safety issues involving the sale of alcoholic beverages.
The task force’s recommendations could affect several western Kentucky towns and counties that have recently voted to expand or allow the alcohol sales. The 22-member, three committee, task force is charged with reviewing state laws and regulations governing alcohol sales and has been meeting since August.