Most Active Stories
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Marriott Breaks Ground on Murray Springhill Suites Hotel
- 107 of 138 Kentucky Legislators Support the State’s Same-Sex Marriage Ban
Mon April 30, 2012
Keeneland Breaks Records
Records in both overall and single day attendance were broken this spring at Keeneland Race Course. Over 40,000 people visited the Lexington facility on April 14th for the Bluegrass Stakes. In total, spokeswoman Amy Gregory says over 269,000 people were in the stands during the 15-day meet.
“We’ve actually been very blessed with some terrific weather this spring. And, we’ve had just some fantastic racing, the support of our horsemen has been wonderful.”
Keeneland also broke its record for biggest single race wagering. Over $1.9 million was bet on the Bluegrass Stakes. And, for six straight spring meets, no horse has died on Keeneland’s artificial track. Racing ended there on Friday.