Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
Wed October 16, 2013
KDPH Will Hold Emergency Workshops
The Kentucky Department for Public Health is hosting a televised workshop to address communicating with vulnerable populations during public health emergencies and other disasters.
The Oct. 29 workshop will offer members of the Kentucky Outreach and Information Network the opportunity to share ideas to improve outreach to vulnerable populations, including the blind and mentally unhealthy.
The meeting will be led from the Kentucky Department for Public Health in Frankfort and broadcast to ITV sites at local health departments across the state.
More information about the Kentucky Outreach and Information Network is available online at www.healthalerts.ky.gov/KOIN.htm.