Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri April 9, 2010
KCTCS Signs Agreement with Berea
By Angela Hatton
Berea, KY – The Kentucky Community and Technical College System has signed a transfer agreement with Berea College. Officials say the agreement includes two components. The first allows easier course transfer between KCTCS colleges and Berea, as well as support for students accepted to Berea. The second is an initiative that encourages African-American students to graduate with an associate's degree from KCTCS and then go to Berea. The agreement is part of the state's overall goal to triple the number of community college grads and double the number of university graduates by 2020.