Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Mon March 16, 2009
KCTCS hikes tuition 3.3 percent
By Casey Northcutt
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Community and Technical College students could see a hike in their tuition during the 2009 and 2010 school year. KCTC System Marketing Director Terri Giltner says the board of regents is seeking to raise costs per credit hour to battle a continually shrinking budget. In addition to reducing faculty personnel and discontinuing tenure for all new hires, the board has proposed to increase instate tuition by 4 dollars per credit hour and 35 dollars per credit hour for out-of-state students. The Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education still needs to approve the hike, but Giltner says she's sure the CPE will back the proposal.