Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon March 16, 2009
KCTCS hikes tuition 3.3 percent
By Casey Northcutt
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Community and Technical College students could see a hike in their tuition during the 2009 and 2010 school year. KCTC System Marketing Director Terri Giltner says the board of regents is seeking to raise costs per credit hour to battle a continually shrinking budget. In addition to reducing faculty personnel and discontinuing tenure for all new hires, the board has proposed to increase instate tuition by 4 dollars per credit hour and 35 dollars per credit hour for out-of-state students. The Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education still needs to approve the hike, but Giltner says she's sure the CPE will back the proposal.