Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Tue January 24, 2012
KARE Releases More Charter School Ads
By Kenny Colston
Frankfort, KY – Sensing their time is coming, advocates of charter schools in Kentucky are doubling down on their efforts.
One such group, Kentuckians for Reform in Education, or KARE, is out with their second TV advertisement supporting charter schools. KARE is run by former Louisville mayoral candidate Hal Heiner, and the ad is running statewide on network and cable TV. It follows an advertising push from the beginning of this month.
The newest ad, titled "Dreams" is below. It continues what KARE calls an "educational push" for charter schools in Kentucky.
But they say openness is not enough, so they will continue to advertise and to lobby lawmakers.