Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Tue January 24, 2012
KARE Releases More Charter School Ads
By Kenny Colston
Frankfort, KY – Sensing their time is coming, advocates of charter schools in Kentucky are doubling down on their efforts.
One such group, Kentuckians for Reform in Education, or KARE, is out with their second TV advertisement supporting charter schools. KARE is run by former Louisville mayoral candidate Hal Heiner, and the ad is running statewide on network and cable TV. It follows an advertising push from the beginning of this month.
The newest ad, titled "Dreams" is below. It continues what KARE calls an "educational push" for charter schools in Kentucky.
But they say openness is not enough, so they will continue to advertise and to lobby lawmakers.