Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Tue January 24, 2012
KARE Releases More Charter School Ads
By Kenny Colston
Frankfort, KY – Sensing their time is coming, advocates of charter schools in Kentucky are doubling down on their efforts.
One such group, Kentuckians for Reform in Education, or KARE, is out with their second TV advertisement supporting charter schools. KARE is run by former Louisville mayoral candidate Hal Heiner, and the ad is running statewide on network and cable TV. It follows an advertising push from the beginning of this month.
The newest ad, titled "Dreams" is below. It continues what KARE calls an "educational push" for charter schools in Kentucky.
But they say openness is not enough, so they will continue to advertise and to lobby lawmakers.