Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Tue January 24, 2012
KARE Releases More Charter School Ads
By Kenny Colston
Frankfort, KY – Sensing their time is coming, advocates of charter schools in Kentucky are doubling down on their efforts.
One such group, Kentuckians for Reform in Education, or KARE, is out with their second TV advertisement supporting charter schools. KARE is run by former Louisville mayoral candidate Hal Heiner, and the ad is running statewide on network and cable TV. It follows an advertising push from the beginning of this month.
The newest ad, titled "Dreams" is below. It continues what KARE calls an "educational push" for charter schools in Kentucky.
But they say openness is not enough, so they will continue to advertise and to lobby lawmakers.