Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu October 18, 2012
Judicial Nominating Commission Meets Next Week
The Judicial Nominating Commission that could recommend the Commonwealth’s Republican Senate President David Williams for a southern Kentucky circuit judgeship is set to meet next week in Burkesville. Williams says he’s interested in the position. The appointment will ultimately fall to Democratic Governor Steve Beshear who says being a lawyer, Williams is qualified to be a circuit judge. Beshear has appointed his Republican foes to high-paying jobs to pull them out of the Senate in the past. The Judicial Nominating Commission meeting is set for Oct. 25.