Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Thu October 18, 2012
Judicial Nominating Commission Meets Next Week
The Judicial Nominating Commission that could recommend the Commonwealth’s Republican Senate President David Williams for a southern Kentucky circuit judgeship is set to meet next week in Burkesville. Williams says he’s interested in the position. The appointment will ultimately fall to Democratic Governor Steve Beshear who says being a lawyer, Williams is qualified to be a circuit judge. Beshear has appointed his Republican foes to high-paying jobs to pull them out of the Senate in the past. The Judicial Nominating Commission meeting is set for Oct. 25.