Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Mon July 13, 2009
Judge, University Regent Fights Ethics Panel Ruling
By Todd Hatton
Owensboro, KY – Murray State University Regent Judge Jeff Taylor of Owensboro has filed a motion to review an April 2009 judiciary ethics committee ruling that sitting judges serving on state university governing boards is unconstitutional. Taylor is the only judge currently serving on a university board. He told the Paducah Sun he may have a statement later this week, and would not say if he would resign from MSU's board. The ethics committee stated it was not their intent to eliminate judges from serving on university boards, yet in a separate court document, the committee said it violates the state constitution's separation of powers.