Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue November 10, 2009
Judge Rules Massac Unit One in Contempt of Court
By Chris Taylor
Metropolis, IL – A Judge has ruled Massac Unit One School District is in contempt of court after it willfully ignored a court order to change its life insurance policy. That policy charges higher rates for retirees than current workers. Judge Ronald Eckiss says Superintendent Bill Hatfield violated retired workers' contracts and then acted in contempt by refusing to combine the dual plans into one. The policy affects some 73 retirees, eight of which have died since the dispute began in 2003. The West Kentucky Star reports Eckiss will hold a hearing December 21 to decide on restitution and fees in the case.