Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon December 17, 2012
Judge Overturns Conviction for Paducah Woman
A McCracken Circuit judge has overturned the conviction of a woman accused of improperly euthanizing animals at a Paducah shelter. This past August, a jury deliberated only 30 minutes before returning the guilty verdict against Dalena Hall for actions taken last year at the McCracken County Humane Society. Police say she was not certified to euthanize animals but was doing so anyway. Hall appealed the conviction and Circuit Court Judge Tim Kaltenbach ruled in her favor.
He says prosecutors did not provide direct proof the humane society was a certified animal control agency. Hall cannot be tried again.