Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Mon December 17, 2012
Judge Overturns Conviction for Paducah Woman
A McCracken Circuit judge has overturned the conviction of a woman accused of improperly euthanizing animals at a Paducah shelter. This past August, a jury deliberated only 30 minutes before returning the guilty verdict against Dalena Hall for actions taken last year at the McCracken County Humane Society. Police say she was not certified to euthanize animals but was doing so anyway. Hall appealed the conviction and Circuit Court Judge Tim Kaltenbach ruled in her favor.
He says prosecutors did not provide direct proof the humane society was a certified animal control agency. Hall cannot be tried again.