Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Tue September 11, 2012
Judge Declares Mistrial in Russell Case
Trigg Circuit Judge C.A. Woodall has declared a mistrial in the trial of Claude Russell, who was charged with killing Chantell Humphries in 2002. The Kentucky New Era reports the action came Monday night after a nine-day trial when jurors twice reported they could not come up with a unanimous verdict. Humphries' body was found on a cattle farm in Trigg County in June 2002.
A grand jury indicted Russell for murder in 2003, but prosecutors dismissed the case citing a lack of evidence. Russell was indicted again in 2011 after police re-investigated the case.