Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed July 3, 2013
Judd Ready To Support Grimes Against McConnell
Actress Ashley Judd says she's "ready to fight" beside Democrat Kentucky secretary of state Alison Lundergan Grimes, who announced this week that she will challenge Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell next year. Judd, who had considered the race herself, showed her support for Grimes in a tweet yesterday. Judd wrote, "Even in thick woods outstanding news filters through.
Thrilled for the people of KY & ready to fight beside" Judd, a former Kentucky resident now living in Tennessee, announced in March that she wouldn't run against the five-term Kentucky Republican. When Judd decided against a bid, Democratic leaders turned to Grimes as their candidate of choice. The 34-year-old Grimes announced her decision to take on McConnell at a Frankfort press conference Monday.