Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Tue February 14, 2012
Jowers to Run for 24th District Senate Seat
Obion County Commissioner Danny Jowers announced he will run for the 24th district Senate seat left vacant by Roy Herron. Jowers is a resident of Kenton where he is serving his third term on the Obion County Commission. He has served as director for Obion County Emergency Management since 2009. Jowers will run on the Republican ticket. He says his campaign will focus on job creation and retention. Other candidates have yet to file for the position.