Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Tue February 14, 2012
Jowers to Run for 24th District Senate Seat
Obion County Commissioner Danny Jowers announced he will run for the 24th district Senate seat left vacant by Roy Herron. Jowers is a resident of Kenton where he is serving his third term on the Obion County Commission. He has served as director for Obion County Emergency Management since 2009. Jowers will run on the Republican ticket. He says his campaign will focus on job creation and retention. Other candidates have yet to file for the position.