Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue February 14, 2012
Jowers to Run for 24th District Senate Seat
Obion County Commissioner Danny Jowers announced he will run for the 24th district Senate seat left vacant by Roy Herron. Jowers is a resident of Kenton where he is serving his third term on the Obion County Commission. He has served as director for Obion County Emergency Management since 2009. Jowers will run on the Republican ticket. He says his campaign will focus on job creation and retention. Other candidates have yet to file for the position.