Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Fri June 15, 2012
Jobless Rates Fall
Kentucky's jobless rate fell again last month. The latest figures from the Kentucky Office of Employment and Training say the May rate was down to 8.2 percent, a tenth of a percent decrease from April.
May marks the 10th consecutive month of decrease. Economist Manoj Shanker says it is the first time since 2004 that Kentucky unemployment has been equal to or better than the national unemployment rate, which was also 8.2 percent in May. Kentucky's leisure and hospitality job sector had the biggest increase in, adding 2,600 jobs.