Most Active Stories
- Winter Storm: KYEM Upgrades Emergency Activation Level, Travel Discouraged
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Fri June 15, 2012
Jobless Rates Fall
Kentucky's jobless rate fell again last month. The latest figures from the Kentucky Office of Employment and Training say the May rate was down to 8.2 percent, a tenth of a percent decrease from April.
May marks the 10th consecutive month of decrease. Economist Manoj Shanker says it is the first time since 2004 that Kentucky unemployment has been equal to or better than the national unemployment rate, which was also 8.2 percent in May. Kentucky's leisure and hospitality job sector had the biggest increase in, adding 2,600 jobs.