Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
Fri June 15, 2012
Jobless Rates Fall
Kentucky's jobless rate fell again last month. The latest figures from the Kentucky Office of Employment and Training say the May rate was down to 8.2 percent, a tenth of a percent decrease from April.
May marks the 10th consecutive month of decrease. Economist Manoj Shanker says it is the first time since 2004 that Kentucky unemployment has been equal to or better than the national unemployment rate, which was also 8.2 percent in May. Kentucky's leisure and hospitality job sector had the biggest increase in, adding 2,600 jobs.