Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Thu November 8, 2012
Jerry Wayne Walker Jr. Defense Team Working on Deal
Jerry Wayne Walker junior’s defense attorney says they’re working with Commonwealth Attorney Mark Blankenship to reach a deal before Walker’s next trial date.
Attorney Dennis Null tells the Murray Ledger and Times talks have been ongoing since Judge Dennis Foust denied a motion to dismiss the six tampering with evidence charges against Walker. The charges came after a Marshall County jury acquitted Walker in July on charges of starting the fatal 1998 Hester Hall dormitory fire at Murray State University. That verdict came after a 2001 trial which ended with a hung jury. Walker is set to appear in court next Tuesday in Murray.