Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Thu November 8, 2012
Jerry Wayne Walker Jr. Defense Team Working on Deal
Jerry Wayne Walker junior’s defense attorney says they’re working with Commonwealth Attorney Mark Blankenship to reach a deal before Walker’s next trial date.
Attorney Dennis Null tells the Murray Ledger and Times talks have been ongoing since Judge Dennis Foust denied a motion to dismiss the six tampering with evidence charges against Walker. The charges came after a Marshall County jury acquitted Walker in July on charges of starting the fatal 1998 Hester Hall dormitory fire at Murray State University. That verdict came after a 2001 trial which ended with a hung jury. Walker is set to appear in court next Tuesday in Murray.