Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu March 20, 2014
"Irvin Cobb: Back Home" A Documentary
Join us Sunday, March 30 at 9 a.m. for the story of Irvin Cobb: Back Home.
Irvin Cobb's name can be found throughout western Kentucky. It graces a bridge, a resort, a hotel, and a golf tournament. But despite being one of the most famous writers of the early 20th century, not many people know that much about him. This latest Sounds Good documentary hopes to change all that.
Did you know he was the host for the 6th Annual Academy Awards and awarded an honorary Oscar to a six-year-old Shirley Temple! He was a long-time journalist and made the leap from the page to the big screen, writing and acting in films directed by the iconic director John Ford. We'll hear from his descendants, both literary and biological.
We'll learn about his friendships with celebrities Will Rogers and Hal Roach of Little Rascals fame, his feuds with journalist-critic H.L. Mencken, and uncover a circle of admirers ranging from legendary horror writer H.P. Lovecraft to director and screenwriter Guillermo Del Toro.
Irvin Cobb: Back Home will reintroduce us to our region's master storyteller and his legacy with sound and interviews.