Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon January 11, 2010
Irvin Cobb Apts. Floods
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Several people living in Paducah's Irvin Cobb Apartments were forced to evacuate late last night after a fire sprinkler line on the building's fourth floor froze and burst. Water flooded the building, damaging parts of its electrical system. Fire Marshall Greg Cherry ordered residents evacuated. City Building Official Joel Scarborough says the building's owner has repair staff on the scene, working to allow reoccupation as soon as possible.