Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon May 18, 2009
Internet Service restored
By Carrie Pond
Murray, KY – Internet service has been restored to most of the region after road contractors severed AT&T power and fiber optic communications cables this morning. Workers with the Rogers Group accidentally hit mismarked buried cables while digging along the US 68/KY 80 corridor through Land Between the Lakes. The incident cut power to a number of LBL facilities. The incident also interrupted internet, telephone and some cell phone service in LBL and the surrounding area, including internet services at Murray State University and area K-12 schools.