Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon May 18, 2009
Internet Service restored
By Carrie Pond
Murray, KY – Internet service has been restored to most of the region after road contractors severed AT&T power and fiber optic communications cables this morning. Workers with the Rogers Group accidentally hit mismarked buried cables while digging along the US 68/KY 80 corridor through Land Between the Lakes. The incident cut power to a number of LBL facilities. The incident also interrupted internet, telephone and some cell phone service in LBL and the surrounding area, including internet services at Murray State University and area K-12 schools.