Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed October 29, 2008
Inn Sale Could be Finalized
By Carrie Pond
Paducah, KY – The Executive Inn sale could be finalized by the end of this week if an interim loan is signed. Mayor Bill Paxton told city commissioners last night the loan needed to transfer the property from current owner Bhupinder Singh to Space Coast Hospitality could be signed by Friday. Paducah Public Information Officer Pam Spencer says that loan would also provide money to begin hotel renovations, with permanent financing coming in December. Spencer says the city has enlisted workers to begin 200-thousand dollars worth of demolition work on the Julian Carroll Convention Center in hopes of completing the project before the 2009 American Quilter's Society Show and Contest. The A-Q-S has not yet confirmed it will keep the show in Paducah.