Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed October 29, 2008
Inn Sale Could be Finalized
By Carrie Pond
Paducah, KY – The Executive Inn sale could be finalized by the end of this week if an interim loan is signed. Mayor Bill Paxton told city commissioners last night the loan needed to transfer the property from current owner Bhupinder Singh to Space Coast Hospitality could be signed by Friday. Paducah Public Information Officer Pam Spencer says that loan would also provide money to begin hotel renovations, with permanent financing coming in December. Spencer says the city has enlisted workers to begin 200-thousand dollars worth of demolition work on the Julian Carroll Convention Center in hopes of completing the project before the 2009 American Quilter's Society Show and Contest. The A-Q-S has not yet confirmed it will keep the show in Paducah.