Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Health and Welfare
Mon June 25, 2012
Illinoisans Save Money on Healthcare
Thousands of Illinois residents with high medication costs have seen gains from a provision of the Affordable Care Act aimed at shrinking the Medicare drug coverage gap known as the "doughnut hole."
The federal government has released data showing more than 26,000 Illinoisans with Medicare coverage saved over sixteen and a half million dollars on prescription drugs in the first five months of 2012. That’s an average of $636 dollars a person. The government has released a flurry of positive news ahead of a Supreme Court ruling on President Barack Obama's healthcare law, which could come as early as today.