Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu April 19, 2012
Illinois Unemployment Falls Below 9 Percent
The Illinois unemployment rate fell below 9 percent in March in what continues to be a slow, sometimes unsteady recovery from recession. The state Department of Employment Security reports an 8.8 percent March rate which is the first time the jobless rate has fallen below nine percent since February 2009 and the seventh straight decrease. Illinois’ unemployment rate still remains higher than the US average of 8.2 percent.