Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Wed May 2, 2012
Illinois Tuition Waiver Oversight Moves to Legislature
An Illinois Senate education committee has approved a measure to end the controversial legislative scholarship program. The measure creates a task force to study all state university tuition waivers. The existing program allows lawmakers to award two students in their district a four-year tuition waiver to a state university. The measure came under fire after reports that lawmakers have given awards to relatives, children of political allies or students outside their district.