Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Fri April 26, 2013
Illinois Senate Working to Improve Odds for Gambling Bill
Supporters of a gambling expansion proposal are making changes to the legislation in an attempt to improve its chances with the Illinois Legislature and Gov. Pat Quinn.
Rikeesha Phelon is a spokeswoman for Senate President John Cullerton. She says Cullerton plans to strip language from the bill that would legalize Internet gaming and let lawmakers consider it as a separate measure.
Quinn has vetoed previous gambling bills. He says Internet gambling didn’t have a proper review and he was "not excited about it at all." Legislators who supported previous gambling bills also had concerns.