Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
Tue April 16, 2013
Illinois Marathon Weighing Security Concerns
Officials at the Illinois Marathon in Champaign and Urbana say they will meet Wednesday to talk about security ahead of their April 27 event after explosions at the Boston Marathon.
Illinois Marathon Race Director Jan Seeley says some runners and their relatives are already calling with concerns. Seeley says it is unlikely the Illinois Marathon will be called off. But race emergency services coordinator Scott Friedlein says security measures such as bomb-sniffing dogs are being discussed.
The event draws as many as 20,000 runners to a series of races at different lengths. That includes about 3,000 registered for the marathon itself.