Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Wed March 7, 2012
Illinois Lawmakes Agree on Revenue Projection
From the Associated Press:
Illinois lawmakers have agreed on how much money will be available for next year's budget. The state Senate joined the House today in approving a revenue estimate of $33.7 billion. The figure amounts to an upper limit for the fiscal year starting July 1. But much of the money will go to paying pensions and old bills, leaving less for day-to-day government services. Senate Republican Leader Christine Radogno says creating a budget will be the most difficult challenge for legislators.