Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Fri March 30, 2012
Illinois House Passes Password Snooping Ban
The Illinois House wants to bar employers from asking workers and job applicants for access to social media like Facebook. The legislation passed Thursday and now goes to the Senate. Some employers, particularly law enforcement, have begun asking for passwords so they can review the online activities of job applicants. Under the legislation, workers could file lawsuits if pressured to open up private accounts if they're denied a job for refusing. Employers could still ask for usernames to view public information online, and they can monitor work-owned computers.