Most Active Stories
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- MSU Board of Regents Vote Again Against New Contract for Dunn
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- KY College Planning Conference For Minorities Set
- MSU Board of Regents Meeting; Possible Revote on Dunn's Contract & Closed Session Planned
Wed February 27, 2013
Illinois House Adds Phelps Fun-Carry Bill as Amendment
The Illinois House completed seven hours of debate on the contentious issue of public gun possession by adopting a comprehensive plan long pushed by advocates.
The vote in favor of Representative Brandon Phelps' amendment doesn't mean concealed-carry got House approval. Phelps’ plan was one of a dozen amendments to a concealed-carry bill a federal court says Illinois must adopt by June.
Critics say debating multiple amendments led to a confusing hodge-podge of conflicting provisions. It was unclear when the House would take a final vote.