Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Wed February 27, 2013
Illinois House Adds Phelps Fun-Carry Bill as Amendment
The Illinois House completed seven hours of debate on the contentious issue of public gun possession by adopting a comprehensive plan long pushed by advocates.
The vote in favor of Representative Brandon Phelps' amendment doesn't mean concealed-carry got House approval. Phelps’ plan was one of a dozen amendments to a concealed-carry bill a federal court says Illinois must adopt by June.
Critics say debating multiple amendments led to a confusing hodge-podge of conflicting provisions. It was unclear when the House would take a final vote.