Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed October 24, 2012
Illinois Hold HIV/STD Conference
The Illinois Department of Public Health is opening its annual conference on HIV and sexually transmitted diseases with a "Save Lives, Condomize" giveaway campaign. Public health department director Dr. LaMar Hasbrouck says condom use decreases the risk of sexually transmitted diseases and new HIV cases. The two-day public health conference will draw hundreds of health care providers, educators and advocates statewide. Participants will trade information and develop strategies to prevent the spread of the HIV virus, AIDS and other STDs. Illinois ranks 7th nationally in the diagnosis of HIV infections and is 5th in the estimated number of AIDS cases.