Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon May 14, 2012
Illinois Health Insurance Exchange Possible
Illinois Governor Pat Quinn may use an executive order to establish a health insurance exchange in his state. Quinn adviser Michael Gelder looming federal deadlines leave Quinn two choices: calling a special session or issuing an executive order. Illinois Republicans say an executive order would be inappropriate, especially before the U.S. Supreme Court rules on the constitutionality of the Affordable Care Act. Only New York and Rhode Island have previously established exchanges by executive order.