Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Mon May 14, 2012
Illinois Health Insurance Exchange Possible
Illinois Governor Pat Quinn may use an executive order to establish a health insurance exchange in his state. Quinn adviser Michael Gelder looming federal deadlines leave Quinn two choices: calling a special session or issuing an executive order. Illinois Republicans say an executive order would be inappropriate, especially before the U.S. Supreme Court rules on the constitutionality of the Affordable Care Act. Only New York and Rhode Island have previously established exchanges by executive order.