Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Thu August 13, 2009
Illinois Foreclosures Up
By Angela Hatton
Chicago, IL – The expiration of an anti-foreclosure law in Illinois has caused a spike in foreclosure activity. A report released today by RealtyTrac shows more than 14-thousand foreclosure filings in Illinois last month. One in every 361 housing units in the state received a foreclosure filing. That's 63 percent higher than July of last year and eighth-highest nationally.