Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Thu August 13, 2009
Illinois Foreclosures Up
By Angela Hatton
Chicago, IL – The expiration of an anti-foreclosure law in Illinois has caused a spike in foreclosure activity. A report released today by RealtyTrac shows more than 14-thousand foreclosure filings in Illinois last month. One in every 361 housing units in the state received a foreclosure filing. That's 63 percent higher than July of last year and eighth-highest nationally.