Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu August 13, 2009
Illinois Foreclosures Up
By Angela Hatton
Chicago, IL – The expiration of an anti-foreclosure law in Illinois has caused a spike in foreclosure activity. A report released today by RealtyTrac shows more than 14-thousand foreclosure filings in Illinois last month. One in every 361 housing units in the state received a foreclosure filing. That's 63 percent higher than July of last year and eighth-highest nationally.