Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu August 13, 2009
Illinois Foreclosures Up
By Angela Hatton
Chicago, IL – The expiration of an anti-foreclosure law in Illinois has caused a spike in foreclosure activity. A report released today by RealtyTrac shows more than 14-thousand foreclosure filings in Illinois last month. One in every 361 housing units in the state received a foreclosure filing. That's 63 percent higher than July of last year and eighth-highest nationally.