Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Fri October 18, 2013
Illinois Delaying Release of September Unemployment Rate
The Illinois Department of Employment Security is delaying the release of its September employment data because of the partial government shutdown.
Department Director Jay Rowell says the federally-funded agency’s labor-market analysts were furloughed during the shutdown in addition to U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics analysts. Those workers comb-job related data to determine each month’s state unemployment rate.
Illinois’s September jobless rate was to be released today, but no new date has been set. Monthly local economic reports that were to be released Oct. 24 are also being delayed indefinitely.