Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Fri October 18, 2013
Illinois Delaying Release of September Unemployment Rate
The Illinois Department of Employment Security is delaying the release of its September employment data because of the partial government shutdown.
Department Director Jay Rowell says the federally-funded agency’s labor-market analysts were furloughed during the shutdown in addition to U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics analysts. Those workers comb-job related data to determine each month’s state unemployment rate.
Illinois’s September jobless rate was to be released today, but no new date has been set. Monthly local economic reports that were to be released Oct. 24 are also being delayed indefinitely.