Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu November 15, 2012
Illinois Deer Season Ready to Start
The Illinois firearm deer season begins tomorrow and runs through Sunday. It will conclude November 29th through December 2nd. Hunters harvested more than 98,000 deer during 2011's seven-day hunt. So far this year, about 334,000 permits have been issued.
The legal hunting hours for the firearm season are one-half hour before sunrise to one-half hour after sunset. State Department of Natural Resources officials are reminding hunters to be safe while enjoying the hunt. Tennessee’s firearm season begins Saturday as well, and runs through January 6th. The Kentucky season began last Saturday and runs through the 17th or 25th depending on location.