Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Thu November 15, 2012
Illinois Deer Season Ready to Start
The Illinois firearm deer season begins tomorrow and runs through Sunday. It will conclude November 29th through December 2nd. Hunters harvested more than 98,000 deer during 2011's seven-day hunt. So far this year, about 334,000 permits have been issued.
The legal hunting hours for the firearm season are one-half hour before sunrise to one-half hour after sunset. State Department of Natural Resources officials are reminding hunters to be safe while enjoying the hunt. Tennessee’s firearm season begins Saturday as well, and runs through January 6th. The Kentucky season began last Saturday and runs through the 17th or 25th depending on location.