Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
Wed August 15, 2012
Illinois’ 12th Congressional District Debate Tonight
Voters in Southern Illinois’ 12th Congressional District will have their first chance to see the three candidates for the U.S. House of Representatives go toe to toe tonight in Carbondale. The candidates' debate is scheduled for 7 p.m. and features Republican Jason Plummer, Democrat Bill Enyart and the Green Party's Paula Bradshaw. The event will be at WSIU-TV on the Southern Illinois University campus. Reporters from The Belleville News-Democrat, the Southern Illinoisan and WSIU will moderate. The three candidates are vying to succeed Democrat Jerry Costello, who is retiring after almost ten years in office. Two other debates are planned. One is set for Sept. 20 in Marion. The other will be Oct. 3 in Belleville.