Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Thu March 21, 2013
ILL Trout Fishing Season Opens Next Month
More than 40 Illinois lakes, creeks and ponds are stocked with rainbow trout in anticipation of this season's fishing opener. Illinois Department of Natural Resources Director Marc Miller said yesterday the 2013 trout fishing season will begin April 6.
Miller says his department is stocking 42 waters across the state with more than 60,000 rainbow trout. To legally participate, anglers must have a valid Illinois fishing license and an inland trout stamp. A list of locations where the licenses and stamps may be purchased is available on the IDNR website. The website also has a list of the bodies of water that have been stocked.