Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Mon March 4, 2013
ILL Town Places Memorial For Tornado Victims
Harrisburg, Illinois has another memorial in place dedicated to the eight people killed by a tornado that ripped though the community a year ago.
WSIL-TV reports the granite memorial is beside the Old National Bank building in the 11-thousand resident Saline County seat. Officials say more than two hundred and fifty homes and businesses were destroyed by the tornado on February 29th of last year. Mayor Eric Gregg says his heart breaks every time he looks at the families that lost someone to the twister. Yet he says he’s inspired by the way those survivors lift everyone else up. Other memorials are outside Harrisburg Medical Center, where one of the tornado’s victims had worked.