Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Mon March 4, 2013
ILL Town Places Memorial For Tornado Victims
Harrisburg, Illinois has another memorial in place dedicated to the eight people killed by a tornado that ripped though the community a year ago.
WSIL-TV reports the granite memorial is beside the Old National Bank building in the 11-thousand resident Saline County seat. Officials say more than two hundred and fifty homes and businesses were destroyed by the tornado on February 29th of last year. Mayor Eric Gregg says his heart breaks every time he looks at the families that lost someone to the twister. Yet he says he’s inspired by the way those survivors lift everyone else up. Other memorials are outside Harrisburg Medical Center, where one of the tornado’s victims had worked.