Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Tue January 29, 2013
Ill Senate President Ready to Address Pensions
Illinois Senate President John Cullerton says he wants to push forward with a pension overhaul as quickly as possible.
The Democrat is stressing the need for addressing Illinois' worst-in-the-nation pension problem, which he says drains the state budget. Cullerton introduced Senate Bill 1 after lawmakers were sworn in this month. It combines a Senate-approved measure along with another that failed to get a House roll-call. He says he's working to get support. As the Illinois State Senate gets set to reconvene next week, Cullerton says Standard & Poor's recent credit rating downgrade should motivate lawmakers to act.