Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri May 10, 2013
ILL Senate Approves Tighter Disclosure Rules
The Illinois Senate is approving tighter rules for disclosure of public officials' economic interests. Park Ridge Democratic Senator Dan Kotowski's plan passed 52-1 yesterday. It's an initiative of Lt. Gov. Sheila Simon. The plan now moves to the House. It would require tens of thousands of public servants who file economic-interest statements annually to list outside sources of income, relationships with lobbyists and loans made or accepted on terms not available to the general public.
The Illinois Constitution and state law require the statements from elected officials, high-ranking government employees and political candidates.