Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Thu October 11, 2012
Ill. Sees More Foreclosures This Year Than Last
Illinois foreclosures are up more than 30 percent from the same time last year. A RealtyTrac report shows third-quarter foreclosures totaled more than 42,000. That’s one of every 126 housing units, 4 percent higher than the second quarter. That puts the state at the fourth highest foreclosure rate in the U.S. Illinois foreclosures did drop 20 percent in September when compared to August. The three highest foreclosure rates are in Florida, Arizona and California. But nationally, foreclosure filings hit a 5-year low last month. The last time the rate was this low was in December 2007.