Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Fri May 17, 2013
ILL Lt. Gov. Simon Promotes College Scorecard Measure
Illinois Lt. Governor Sheila Simon wants to see all colleges and universities in Illinois feature a link to the federal College Scorecard on their websites. She's encouraging the Illinois House to pass a joint resolution to encourage institutions in Illinois to link to the scorecard. The resolution also urges schools to work together to design and publish an Illinois College Scorecard with data that supplements the federal data.
The lieutenant governor intends to create a working group this summer to design the Illinois version. The federal College Scorecards identify average costs, graduation rates, loan default rates and areas where students can better estimate costs based on their personal goals.