Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Fri June 8, 2012
I'll Have Another Scratched From Belmont Stakes
Originally published on Fri June 8, 2012 10:57 am
Triple Crown contender I’ll Have Another has been scratched from tomorrow’s Belmont Stakes.
Trainer Doug O’Neill says he pulled the colt from the race after he showed early signs of tendonitis in his left front leg. O’Neill told radio talk show host Dan Patrick that he’s not sure how I’ll Have Another was injured, but he’s not taking any chances by running him Saturday.
I’ll Have Another was positioned to become racing’s first Triple Crown winner since
1978. He won the Kentucky Derby and Preakness in dramatic fashion, overtaking Bodemeister in the stretch run of both races.
O’Neill says the injury is not life-threatening but may end I’ll Have Another’s racing career.