Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Fri June 8, 2012
I'll Have Another Scratched From Belmont Stakes
Originally published on Fri June 8, 2012 10:57 am
Triple Crown contender I’ll Have Another has been scratched from tomorrow’s Belmont Stakes.
Trainer Doug O’Neill says he pulled the colt from the race after he showed early signs of tendonitis in his left front leg. O’Neill told radio talk show host Dan Patrick that he’s not sure how I’ll Have Another was injured, but he’s not taking any chances by running him Saturday.
I’ll Have Another was positioned to become racing’s first Triple Crown winner since
1978. He won the Kentucky Derby and Preakness in dramatic fashion, overtaking Bodemeister in the stretch run of both races.
O’Neill says the injury is not life-threatening but may end I’ll Have Another’s racing career.