Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Fri June 22, 2012
I'll Have Another Headed to Japan to Stud
Originally published on Fri June 22, 2012 2:29 pm
Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes winner I'll Have Another has been sold to a horse farm on the island of Hokkaido. The horse is currently at Betfair Hollywood Park and will embark on a stud career in August.
In recent weeks, [owner Paul] Reddam held conversations with stud farm owners in the United States and abroad. He said the Japan offer was far superior.“It was in the range we were looking for,” he said. “Kentucky wasn’t anywhere close to where the Japanese were.“Any rational person would have been gone to the Big Red [offer] versus the Kentucky, even though we won’t get to breed to the horse because he will be so far away.“It’s kind of sad. I would have liked to have had a lot of I’ll Have Anothers.”I’ll Have Another had a perfect record this year with four wins, all in stakes, including the Grade 2 Robert Lewis Stakes in February and the Grade 1 Santa Anita Derby in April.