Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
Tue April 30, 2013
ILL Approves Health-Care Co-Op
A new nonprofit organization, Land of Lincoln Health, is receiving an insurance license from the state of Illinois. The credential clears the way for the organization to offer health insurance coverage in the state in 2014 when the national health overhaul law goes into full effect.
The law created a category of insurance carriers called Consumer Operated and Oriented Plans, or "co-ops." Land of Lincoln Health was the first co-op in Illinois to receive federal approval. It received a $160 million federal loan to begin operations. The Metropolitan Chicago Healthcare Council incorporated Land of Lincoln Health.