Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri January 25, 2013
ILL Adds Vaccines to School List
Illinois Junior high and high school students will be required to receive a booster shot against tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis for next school year.
The Illinois State Board of Health recently approved the expanded requirement for the Tdap vaccine, which was recommended by state health and education officials. Students must either show proof of having received the vaccination, must have an appointment to get it or have an approved medical or religious exemption on file. Illinois Department of Public Health Director LaMar Hasbrouck says the new requirement can help slow an increase in whooping cough cases.