Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
Fri January 25, 2013
ILL Adds Vaccines to School List
Illinois Junior high and high school students will be required to receive a booster shot against tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis for next school year.
The Illinois State Board of Health recently approved the expanded requirement for the Tdap vaccine, which was recommended by state health and education officials. Students must either show proof of having received the vaccination, must have an appointment to get it or have an approved medical or religious exemption on file. Illinois Department of Public Health Director LaMar Hasbrouck says the new requirement can help slow an increase in whooping cough cases.