Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Fri January 25, 2013
ILL Adds Vaccines to School List
Illinois Junior high and high school students will be required to receive a booster shot against tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis for next school year.
The Illinois State Board of Health recently approved the expanded requirement for the Tdap vaccine, which was recommended by state health and education officials. Students must either show proof of having received the vaccination, must have an appointment to get it or have an approved medical or religious exemption on file. Illinois Department of Public Health Director LaMar Hasbrouck says the new requirement can help slow an increase in whooping cough cases.