Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Thu May 23, 2013
IL Speaker: House Guns Vote On Friday
Illinois House Speaker Michael Madigan says legislation allowing the carrying of concealed guns will get a vote tomorrow . The Chicago Democrat emerged from a private meeting of his caucus late yesterday afternoon saying he believes there are sufficient votes to adopt a plan. Madigan says the measure incorporates most of the items city of Chicago officials wanted in a gun-carry bill.
A federal appeals court ruled in Dec. that an Illinois ban on concealed carry is unconstitutional. It gave lawmakers until June 9 to remedy the situation.