Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Thu May 23, 2013
IL Speaker: House Guns Vote On Friday
Illinois House Speaker Michael Madigan says legislation allowing the carrying of concealed guns will get a vote tomorrow . The Chicago Democrat emerged from a private meeting of his caucus late yesterday afternoon saying he believes there are sufficient votes to adopt a plan. Madigan says the measure incorporates most of the items city of Chicago officials wanted in a gun-carry bill.
A federal appeals court ruled in Dec. that an Illinois ban on concealed carry is unconstitutional. It gave lawmakers until June 9 to remedy the situation.