Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu May 23, 2013
IL Speaker: House Guns Vote On Friday
Illinois House Speaker Michael Madigan says legislation allowing the carrying of concealed guns will get a vote tomorrow . The Chicago Democrat emerged from a private meeting of his caucus late yesterday afternoon saying he believes there are sufficient votes to adopt a plan. Madigan says the measure incorporates most of the items city of Chicago officials wanted in a gun-carry bill.
A federal appeals court ruled in Dec. that an Illinois ban on concealed carry is unconstitutional. It gave lawmakers until June 9 to remedy the situation.