Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Thu May 23, 2013
IL Speaker: House Guns Vote On Friday
Illinois House Speaker Michael Madigan says legislation allowing the carrying of concealed guns will get a vote tomorrow . The Chicago Democrat emerged from a private meeting of his caucus late yesterday afternoon saying he believes there are sufficient votes to adopt a plan. Madigan says the measure incorporates most of the items city of Chicago officials wanted in a gun-carry bill.
A federal appeals court ruled in Dec. that an Illinois ban on concealed carry is unconstitutional. It gave lawmakers until June 9 to remedy the situation.