Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Thu May 23, 2013
IL Speaker: House Guns Vote On Friday
Illinois House Speaker Michael Madigan says legislation allowing the carrying of concealed guns will get a vote tomorrow . The Chicago Democrat emerged from a private meeting of his caucus late yesterday afternoon saying he believes there are sufficient votes to adopt a plan. Madigan says the measure incorporates most of the items city of Chicago officials wanted in a gun-carry bill.
A federal appeals court ruled in Dec. that an Illinois ban on concealed carry is unconstitutional. It gave lawmakers until June 9 to remedy the situation.