Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Tue May 28, 2013
IL Senate Plans Changes To Gun Measure
The Illinois State Senate plans to present a concealed-carry gun bill which keeps local firearms laws intact. But a spokeswoman for Senate President John Cullerton says Democrats will also consider a House version that overturns ordinances like Chicago's assault-weapons ban. Committee votes on both measures could come as early as today. The House approved a carry plan last week that also invalidates local firearms regulations. A federal appeals court gave Illinois until June 9 to adopt a concealed-carry law.