Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu October 10, 2013
IL To Sell Off-Highway Recreation Stamps
Illinois officials say they will improve all-terrain vehicle recreational access by selling usage stamps beginning early next year.
The Department of Natural Resources announced Wednesday that $15 "off-highway vehicle" stamps will be issued by approved vendors along with hunting and fishing licenses. They will be valid from April 1 through March 31, 2015.
DNR officials say the stamps should raise as much as $800,000 annually to develop public-access trails for off-highway vehicles. That will bring in another $1 million in available federal funds for motorized trail development and maintenance.
Standard golf carts, commercial vehicles and others are exempt. Stamp buyers must also pay 50 cents to the vendor.