Most Active Stories
- While Dangerous Predicted Winter Weather Won't Contend With '09 Ice Storm
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
- EKU Plans Response To White Supremacist Flyer Posted In Classroom Buildings
Thu October 10, 2013
IL To Sell Off-Highway Recreation Stamps
Illinois officials say they will improve all-terrain vehicle recreational access by selling usage stamps beginning early next year.
The Department of Natural Resources announced Wednesday that $15 "off-highway vehicle" stamps will be issued by approved vendors along with hunting and fishing licenses. They will be valid from April 1 through March 31, 2015.
DNR officials say the stamps should raise as much as $800,000 annually to develop public-access trails for off-highway vehicles. That will bring in another $1 million in available federal funds for motorized trail development and maintenance.
Standard golf carts, commercial vehicles and others are exempt. Stamp buyers must also pay 50 cents to the vendor.