Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri December 21, 2012
IL Reviewing Pensions for Gun Investments
Illinois public pension fund managers are reviewing their portfolios for investments in gun manufacturers after last week's Connecticut school shooting. Illinois State Board of Investment Executive Director William Atwood says the agency's $12 billion portfolio includes about 84,000 shares worth $1.7 million in three gun-makers — Olin, Sturm Ruger and Smith & Wesson. Spokesman Dave Urbanek says the teachers' system is reviewing its $37 billion portfolio for connections to other gun-makers.
Neither Atwood's agency nor the Teachers' Retirement System does business with Cerberus Capital Management, the private-equity firm that announced this week it would sell the maker of the rifle used in the Connecticut school massacre.